While Black Friday finance promotions are not common in powersports, with the exception of dealer-offered incentives, many manufacturers are amping up holiday promotions to ease through the slow selling season and prepare dealers for new 2017 inventory, according to analysts.
There is a “lull” in the season that hits around the fall and wintertime for powersports, Lenny Sims, chief of business development at NADA, told Powersports Finance in September. For example, jet-skis fade out after summer, and colder weather causes consumers to store their motorcycles. Manufacturers often tackle the slow season by creating “buzz” with new model innovations or value-added bargains — such as low APR financing or rebates, Sims said.
With the holidays nearing, several OEMs announced promotions at the beginning of November. Here are five financing promotions creating “buzz” in the market this holiday season:
- American Honda Motor Co. is offering 2.99% financing for up to 36 months through Honda Financial Services on select 2013 to 2017 model-year ATVs, according to the OEM’s website. The offer is valid through Jan. 3.
- Polaris Industries Inc. is offering APR as low as 0% for 60 months, plus a two-year factor warranty, through Synchrony Financial on select 2014 to 2016 model-year snowmobiles, according to the OEM’s website. The offer is valid at participating dealers through Dec. 31.
- Suzuki Motor of America launched 5.49% financing for 72 months through Synchrony Financial on select 2015 to 2017 model-year KingQuad 400ASi ATVs, according to Suzuki’s website. The offer is valid at participating dealers through Dec. 31.
- Kawasaki Motors Corp. is offering as low as 3.95% APR for 36 months on select models of motorcycles, ATVs, watercraft, and utility vehicles through Capital One Financial Corp., Sheffield Financial, and Synchrony Financial. The offers are valid through Dec. 31, according to Kawasaki’s website.
- Yamaha Motor Corp. launched a variety of offers, including as low as 0% financing for 36 months through Synchrony Financial on select 2016 side-by-side vehicles, according to the OEM’s website. Additionally, Yamaha is offering 0% APR for six months on select street motorcycles through Yamaha Motor Finance Corp. The offers are valid through Dec. 28.