As summer nears — initiating what many industry leaders consider to be the selling season in powersports — several promotions have been introduced into the market in recent weeks.
From low-rate financing to customer cash-back offers, manufacturers are ramping up incentives to help bolster new sales, and help clear out carryover inventory.
Here is the weekly roundup of some of the offers in the market currently:
- Yamaha is offering as low as 2.99% APR, until paid in full, on new 2014-2017 Yamaha motorcycles and scooters through the Yamaha Credit Card issued by WebBank.
- Synchrony Financial is offering as low as 3.99% APR for 36 months on amounts financed of $7,000 or more on purchases of new 2014-2017 Yamaha ATVs and side-by-sides.
- Yamaha is also offering zero interest for six months, with the APR to rise to between 15.99%-23.99% thereafter, according to the OEM’s website. The offer is available through the Yamaha Credit Card on purchases of select new 2014-2017 motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, and side-by-sides.
- All three offers are valid through June 30.
- Kawasaki is offering as low as 0% APR for as little as 36 months, or until paid in full, on select models of watercraft, ATVs, motorcycles, and utility vehicles through Citi Retail Services, Synchrony Financial, and Sheffield Financial. The offer varies depending on the vehicle type, and is valid through June 30, according to the OEM’s website.
- Kawasaki is also offering a Military Customer Promotion from now through June 30, to all active, reserve, and retired U.S. military personnel. Military customers are eligible to receive up to $250 on every purchase of a new and unused 2017 or prior model year Kawasaki vehicle. The amount will be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle. The promotion excludes all 2017 Ninja H2 models and all model year Ninja H2Rs.
- As part of Suzukifest, the OEM launched as low as 0% APR for 36 months on select new, untitled Suzuki vehicle models on installment loans made by Sheffield Financial. The offer is valid through June 30 an amount financed of $5,000 or more, according to Suzuki’s website.
- The manufacturer is also offering a customer cash-back amount of up to $1,500 on select models. The offer is effective through June 30 from a participating Suzuki dealer.
- Synchrony Financial is offering as low as 7.99% APR for five years on select new and unregistered Suzuki vehicles on an amount financed of $1,500 or more. Synchrony is also offering 5.99% APR for 84 months on new and unregistered 2017 Boulevard S40s; and 5.49% APR for 72 months on new and unregistered 2017 SV650, 2016 V-Strom 650, or 2014-2017 KingQuad 400ASi and KingQuad 400FSi vehicles. Offers are valid on an amount financed of $5,000 or more. All offers are valid through June 30, except the KingQuad offer which is valid through July 31.
- Sheffield Financial is offering as low as 1.99% APR for 36 months, with a minimum amount of $5,000 financed, on select new and unregistered Suzuki vehicles. The offer is valid through June 30.
- Honda is offering up to $1,500 “Bonus Bucks,” valid with the purchase of select new and unregistered touring motorcycles, such as the 2015 Gold Wing Airbag models, according to the OEM’s website. Bonus Bucks can only be used for purchases at the dealership and must be redeemed on the date of purchase. The offer is valid through June 30.
- Honda is also offering 1.99% fixed APR for up to 36 months on select 2012-2017 model year touring motorcycles, such as the GL1800, Gold Wing, F6B, and Valkyrie models.
- The offer is available through Honda Financial Services for customers who qualify for “super preferred credit tier,” according to the website. The offer is valid through July 6.
5. Kymco USA
- Kymco launched an Armed Forces Appreciation Sale, valid through June 30. All active, retired, and honorably discharged personnel can receive up to $250 off their purchase of a new Kymco scooter, motorcycle, ATV, or side-by-side vehicle.